Developers & ISV's
Independent Software Vendors (ISV's) and Developers, you now have a platform you can use to quickly and efficiently deploy your applications. No longer do you have to worry about the hardware, the network, the operating systems, etc. With SCO Cloud, you are covered, in a simple, yet elegant control panel in which to manage your customers. Deploy your customers systems on the cloud.
From carpet stores to restaurants, Independent Software Vendors have unique problems. You create applications for specialized industries, but deploying them over a wide geographic area presents daily challenges.
Applications need to run reliably. Typically, this has meant "overbuilding" servers, where the server may be much larger and more powerful than the application requires, i.e RAID arrays, redundant power supplies, etc. just to maintain uptime. Or, redundant servers get deployed, simply to minimize downtime. This can raise initial investments to points where clients are afraid to commit to modernization.
Larger servers are also expensive to operate, requiring...
- Service contracts to minimize downtime.
- Supports staffs trained to handle field emergencies.
- Additional infrastructure costs to end users such as electricity and cooling.
- Even larger battery backup systems to maintain functionality during outages.
Large or small, purchasing, staging, delivering, installing and maintaining large numbers of servers can tax the resources of even the biggest ISV.
In the field product updates can also be a time-consuming nightmare.
SCO Cloud changes all that...
- The same applications can be deployed in minutes on virtual servers in our data centers.
- The data center equipment is far more reliable, redundant, and scalable than anything individual clients would want to pay for.
- Field equipment can be as simple as a thin client terminals or desktop PCs, plus peripherals.
- All of the initial capital investment, maintenance fees, electrical and environmental costs are replaced by a single low monthly expense.
- Field upgrades can be done using virtual operating system templates, in many cases requiring clients to do nothing more than reboot an upgraded virtual server.
Cloud deployment lets you manage your clients more efficiently.
Let us show you how easy it is to deploy your application inexpensively, reliably and profitably from our advanced cloud architecture.
Partner benefits include:
- Commissions on all SCO Cloud end-user guest deployments and upgrades.
- Full console / access / managements credentials to all client sites.
- Partner Web Logo for your web site
- Highly discounted guest VM for in-house / demonstration, or any other use.
- Email technical support and emergency telephone support.
- Lead referral program.
- Web-based training.
SCO Cloud uses only redundant, high-reliability servers in geographically redundant, Tier-3 Data Centers that have achieved SSAE 16 Type II certification. These data centers provide 24 hour security and monitoring, along with redundant internet connectivity, cooling and, of course, generator-backed uninterruptible power and uptime rating of 99.999%.